If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: MAR Motorsport Ltd 17A Gainsborough Trading Estate, Rufford Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY9 7ND.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- name, email, phone number and your enquiry via our ‘Contact Us Form’
- IP Address / MAC address when you use the website
- your email address when you sign up to our newsletter and your name if you choose to provide this information
- your name, email address and home address when you register to be a member or have an account with us
- your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, phone number and delivery address contact phone number when you place an order with us
- Website usage data
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
- We need your name and contact details in order to answer your enquiry and we process this data with your consent.
- We log your IP address and MAC address for security reasons.
- We will use your email address to send you our newsletter when you consent for us to do so. You have the right to unsubscribe to marketing at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We will hold this data for five years.
When you make a purchase through the web site:
- We will use your name, email address and delivery address to send you products when you make a purchase through the website in order to perform the contract that is created between us when your make a purchase.
- We will use your name and billing address to authorise card payments and receive payment for your purchase.
- We will share your delivery address, email address and contact telephone number with the courier delivering your order. This may be used to clarify delivery instructions, for help locating the delivery address or to arrange access.
- If you consent to marketing, we will use your email address to send you marketing communications. You have the right to unsubscribe from marketing at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We will hold this data for five years.
- We hold details of your previous orders for 7 years after your most recent order with us.
- We do not use telephone numbers for marketing or for any purpose other than fulfilling your orders or responding to queries or correspondence you send to us.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your personal data with trusted third-party partners:
- delivery couriers
- payment services providers (used to authorise online payments and for fraud checks)
- email and marketing service providers, who help us manage our electronic communications and personalised marketing offers
- suppliers, in instances where delivery of an order is made directly from a supplier to you
In all cases, the data shared is only that needed to provide that service and as specified in our contract with them.
We may use one of a number of different couriers depending on the weight, destination and service of an order. Currently this may be any of: FedEx, Royal Mail and DPD.
Payment Service Providers
We authorise card payments using Klarna, PayPal, Stripe and Amazon Pay.
Email and Marketing Service Providers
If you email us, your email will be held on a secure email server managed & hosted by Google (gMail).
To send marketing emails, newsletters and personalised offers, we use the services of Mailchimp. In order to provide relevant, personalised offers we will share your name and email address.
Facebook may associate your browsing and purchasing activity on www.marmotorsport.com with your Facebook account. You can find out how to opt out of Facebook remarketing by visiting the Facebook help article “How can I adjust how ads are targeted to me based on my activity on or off of Facebook?” and change your preferences at https://.facebook.com/ads/preferences/edit/.
In rare cases we may ship your order directly from our supplier. In this case, we will pass on your order, delivery address & contact details to enable them to arrange delivery.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Comments and Reviews
When visitors leave comments or reviews on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information provided in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time with the exception that usernames cannot be changed. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings
- Click the link in marketing emails received from us
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: MAR Motorsport Ltd, 17A Gainsborough Trading Estate, Rufford Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY9 7ND.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Links from our site
Our website contains links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the marmotorsport.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.